Search This Blog

Saturday, November 04, 2006

How to Have a Healthy Holiday? - Part I

Healthy Holidays

As I approach the holiday season this year, the main question
that I am asking myself is: How can I maintain my weight, and
keep a Healthy Heart?

The answer is: exercise and eat in moderate
proportions. Most of us knew the answer, and some
of us practice a healthy lifestyle daily. However, during
the holidays we are enticed by the warm aromas of
allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon that is infused into
sweet pies, cakes, and cookies.
We anticipate the turkey, ham, or lamb dinner that is
garnished with sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes,
green beans, greens, salads, and my
favorite eggnog (low fat).
We celebrate the holidays at work by attending
holiday parties at our favorite restaurants, and select from
a menu that offers steak, chicken, fish, and fine wines;
We travel to our family and friend's homes near and far; We
sit and watch the children open their gifts; We sit and
watch the football games; We sit in front of a fireplace that is
burning, and listen to wonderful holiday music.
Surffice it to say, it is easy to gain what the statistics state
are 10 - 15 lbs. during the holiday season. I for one have a plan.
I am going to conduct an experiment, and I ask you to join me.
Research states that exercising a minimum of 30 minutes six
days a week can stave off the unwanted pounds.
This article will be my motivation. I will, beginning 11/4/06,
exercise at least 30 minutes each day no matter what.
Actually, I will exercise one hour per day.
Please read my next article "Healthy Holidays Part II."
I will inform you of, which health programs have worked
the best, and the type of excerise that I enjoy.

1 comment:

K.Ray said...

It is Nov. 28, 2006, and so far, so good. I am in shape, and did not over eat. Now, through December; I must continue.

P.S. The oolong tea really works.