Search This Blog

Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Number of Hours That You Sleep Could Protect Your Heart

According to the researchers at the West Virginia University School of Medicine, the number of hours that you sleep could prevent heart disease.

The study states that adults who regularly slept seven hours a night had the lowest rate of coronary heart disease.

In the study, initially, 30,000 adults were examined and were free from cardiovascular disease. Moreover, the study revealed that people who slept five hours or less, more than doubled their risk for coronary heart disease.

Additionally, people who slept nine hours or more increased their risk one and one half times for heart disease.

Concluding, the study found that both short and long term sleep durations were related to angina and stroke. The research findings did not depend on age, race, ethnicity, smoking, drinking, sex, body mass, diabetes, hypertension or depression.

This is keen health news. For a healthy heart, regularly sleep seven hours a night.

3 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I suppose my apnea is not good for the heart long term.

Dr. Russ:)

K.Ray said...

Hello Dr. Ross,
:)

Thank you for reading my Blog.

I hope that your preventive measures will help you to sleep better.

Sorry for the delay. I will email you today re: article

K.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I am looking at other options for treatment of apnea and related with my MD.

I hope you are very well, K.:)

Dr. Kingpin