Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Top Three Exercises to Strengthen Bones

Weight-bearing exercises and a balanced diet are recommended for preventing osteoporosis (a disease that causes the bone to become thin, fragile, and fracture easily).
A report from the American Council On Exercise states that performing the seated row, side lunge, and the squat exercises in addition to your exercise regimen are best for building stronger bones.
Keeping bones strong should begin at an early age. Osteoporosis begins early in life. Moreover, both men and women can develop osteoporosis. Check with your doctor to make certain that you are getting enough nutrients such as calcium and vitamin D.
Finally, if you have not performed the seated row, side lunge, or the squat, check with a professional fitness trainer or website to learn how.

5 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Good ideas.

I often do 30 pound curls while on the computer upstairs and 50 pounds curls while watching t.v. Yes, I see a chiropractor...

Blessings.;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I need to do more squats.
Thanks for the info'!

K.Ray said...

Hello Russ,

As always, I thank you for your support and for reading my Blog.

When you perform the curls are you in correct posture? Try yoga for the back. Yoga works wonders.

Blessings to you too Russ.

Karen :)

K.Ray said...

Welcome Anonymous,

I can do a few more squats too!

Thanks for your comment.

Karen

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hi Karen,

Well, I do not have a weight bench, but other than that I think my technique is fine. I keep my back straight. I think I need the treatments just due to repetition.

Blessings.

Russ:)