Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Health Care Bill - U.S.A.

The Health Care Bill - What do you think about it? It is definitely a hot topic and a very serious topic. There is much opposition, and there is great support for the reform of health care. I commend President Obama for keeping his campaign promise.


Nonetheless, I can entertain both sides of the health care argument. The health care reform will come with great cost to the taxpayers, but what happens when a taxpayer who has worked for 15+ years, and then is laid off? I think that if a taxpayer has paid into the system, then there should be health care available to that taxpayer if for some reason their health insurance is lost due to unemployment?


Moreover, because of the high cost of health insurance, most employers are hiring part-time employees, and/or contract workers to save on health care costs. Furthermore, there are full-time employees who must pay deductibles, and pay co-pays, which depletes their savings. For example, one patient has to pay $2000 for an x-ray because of an unforeseen accident. I am in favor of the health care reform, and at least basic health care for all Americans.


Why? because we are human beings. I think that all human beings should have access to health care. Yes, there is the Medicaid program, but everyone is not eligible. In addition, there are some low-cost clinics that can assist people without insurance.


When I think about health care I think about prevention. If all Americans were covered and educated about the prevention of certain diseases, stress, and diet, then the Health Care Reform could pay for itself. I hope that the Health Care Bill passes. If not, it is back to the "same old, same old."
What do you think?











Image "X-Ray Guy" www.freefoto.com




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the Attorney Generals in the 11 States who are filing law suits to oppose the Health Care bill, are not speaking for all of the the people in those States.

Some of the States have the largest unemployement rates, due to the auto compainies colapase and bail outs!

K.Ray said...

Thanks for posting. That is true about the unemployment, which means no health insurance.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Socialized medicine in Canada at least is problematic with high end treatment often. It is good often for basic needs, if the wait is not too long. With many of my health problems I have got online and received help from US doctors and flown to both Florida and California for eye treatments, for example. I reason that often private health produces more knowledgeable doctors than does a public system.

Hope you are well, K.)

K.Ray said...

Hi Russ, I agree with you on a public serviced health care system, and quality health care.

I do think however, basic care is better than no care. I have an excellent doctor, but must wait at least an hour for a scheduled appt. with a private doctor :)

Thanks for coming back to my blog. I have started my own business with my twin sister. And, I am writing 2 books.

I missed writing on my blog. I am well, I hope that you are too. I will read your blog as well.

K.